Are you a big fan of Big-B of Bollywood? I mean Amitabh Bachchan. If yes and you want to more about him, then you are in the right place. That is because I am going to tell you everything you need to know about him in here.
Amitabh Bachchan was born in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, to a Hindu Kayastha family on 11 October 1942. However, his father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was an Awadhi Hindu of Kayastha and a poet and writer of the book “Madhushala,” which became one the top seller all over the country. It is a book of 135 “quatrains”: verses of four lines by Hindi writer and poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan. Teji Bachchan, his mother, was a social activist and had a keen interest in acting and was offered a feature film role but preferred to give importance to domestic duties.
Amitabh Bachchan’s Career
The Shahanshah of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan, is a popular and successful Bollywood film actor with an acting career spanning almost five decades. He was titled One-man industry by French director François Truffaut. He entered the film industry in 1969 and has been appeared in over 190 films.
He first gained popularity in the early 1970s for films such as Sholay, Zanjeer, and Deewaar. “Pink” in 2016, “Piku” in 2015, and Paa” in 2009 were extremely significant to his career.
Top 10 Movies of Amitabh Bachchan:
Bachchan hosted several seasons of Kaun Banega Crorepati. The fifth season became a massive hit with audiences and broke many TRP Records. The sixth season broadcast on Sony TV received the highest number of viewers. It grabbed the attention of notable awards, including Indian of the Year- Entertainment by CNN IBN.
Bachchan entered politics in support of a family friend, Rajiv Gandhi. He contested elections against H. N. Bahuguna and won by one of the highest victory margins. But he resigned from his political career after three years. Big-B called politics a cesspool.
The B-Big of Bollywood is known for his deep, baritone voice. In 2005, he lent his voice to the March of the Penguins, the Oscar-winning French documentary directed by Luc Jacquet.
Unknown Facts about Amitabh Bachchan
These are some unknown facts about Amitabh Bachchan:
- Amitabh Bachchan’s ancestors belonged to a village named Babupatti in Uttar Pradesh.
- His Mom, Teji Bachchan, was a follower of Sikhism and hailed from Lyallpur, presently Faisalabad, a city of Pakistan.
- Amitabh’s father was a famous Hindi poet.
- His Mom Teji, had a greater interest in theatre plays and was even offered a role for a feature film, which she afterward rejected and favored her domestic duties.
- All through his days in college, he always used to appear in plays.
- When Amitabh was young, he always desired to become an engineer and was fascinated enough to join Indian Air Force.
- All through his college days, he was a very good sportsperson, and he also won 400, 200, and 100-meter races.
- After the failure of his movie Insaniyat, he didn’t appear in any movie for more than five years.
These are the info that you need to know about your favorite Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan.